[Tagging] "Feature Proposal - RFC - (office=courier)"

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue May 16 08:01:37 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 16. May 2017, at 09:29, Tobias Wrede <list at tobias-wrede.de> wrote:
>
> May I suggest to focus the proposal on the frontend for now? Let's find a proper tagging for the place a customer goes to drop of his parcel, mail his letter, buy his stamp, collect his poste restante, do his banking staff or whatever. Let's worry about the backend (warehouses, hubs, sorting offices, ...) at a later time. It's complicated enough and the backend is suitably different from amenity/shop/office that worries us now.

I would use amenity=courier for this, maybe a subtag which says something about scope (local, regional, national, international) and about kind of shipped goods (parcel, letters/documents, medicine, etc.).

The tag in the first proposal wasn't chosen badly, it was insufficiently defined. Office is not a good tag for the public facing frontend with counters etc.

For shops that offer courier services as a minor part / not primarily, it should be a property for the shop, maybe with the carrier in the key, e.g. amenity=fuel, courier:UPS=yes?

cheers,
Martin