[Tagging] "Feature Proposal - RFC - (office=courier)"

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue May 16 08:58:28 UTC 2017

> Maybe it's a silly idea, but why do not we map this as 2 nodes  ? This
> way, we do not have to come up with 2 sets of keys (one for
> amenity=courier and one on anything else).
> Both nodes could be connected via a "shop"-relation or whatever you
> want to name it.

You don't even need a relation object, it could be done with the shop as a
polygon and the nodes inside (with level tags you could handle even
multistorey features).
IMHO this would mean a different thing. It would be a shop (business)
inside a different shop (business), not a shop providing a service. The
former also exist, it is not hypothetical.

I have done something similar (overlapping 2 shops which somehow were one
shop) once, where there was an optician and a deli shop in the same
physical shop, operated by the same person, but each with a distinct name
(and a sign split into 2), but I'd see this as a rather bizzar and rare
exception (too rare to merit it's own tag).

http://www.23hq.com/dieterdreist/photo/7089481?album_id=4237494

Cheers,
Martin