[Tagging] name with name:en

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 21:02:37 UTC 2017

I'd suggest leaving it alone. How do you know what language name=* is? How
do you know that it is acceptable to display name=* when language "en" is
requested? They may look identical, but if I request name:en then I'd like
to see name:en if it's present.

This problem comes up time and again, and it's not helpful to delete data
just for the sake of it. Database "bloat" is a canard.

Andrew

On Nov 16, 2017 9:43 AM, "Nelson A. de Oliveira" <naoliv at gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 6:34 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
> There looks to be a duplication taking place (map.me problem ?) where both
> the name=* tag and name:en (the local language)=* are being entered as the
> same value.

There is an old discussion about this at
https://github.com/mapsme/omim/issues/4149