[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Metro Mapping

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 23:24:58 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 16. Nov 2017, at 23:17, José G Moya Y. <josemoya at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just to clarify the situation:
> I'm sure you can press the intercom button, wait for response, and get the door opened without having to buy another ticket. But the question is you are not making disabled people autonomous if you make them follow such slow process.

even if there’s not an issue in the specific case, it shows that there’s a shortcoming in osm for the mapping of closed systems: we don’t typically map the border / gates / inside-outside. Sometimes you might be able to cross a station without needing to enter the inner area, sometimes you can’t. It would be interesting to be more detailed with regard to turnstiles / barriers inside the stations, and agreed tagging for inside the system (similarly in airports after the security check), I agree

cheers,
Martin