[Tagging] Additional sub tags for survey mark

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 22:25:52 UTC 2017

On 21-Nov-17 04:12 PM, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On 21 November 2017 at 12:48, Andrew Harvey <andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
> <mailto:andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     I'm not sure, I've only seen two types the brass disk in the
>     footpath, gutter, road etc. and the rock or cement pillar with a
>     plate on top, sometimes with a black mental circle which can be
>     seen from a distance. Your proposed tags provides a way to
>     distinguish these.
>

> Sometimes slight variation in that the disk has been set into a
> concrete block on a hill etc, but the same for mapping purposes.

I am reminded of Cameron's Corner where a concrete pillar has been
erected with a large brass plaque on to reporting it as the junction of
3 Australian states.
In fact this is a tourist attraction and not the true survey mark. The
true survey mark was subject to vandalism/souvenir and has been hidden
to prevent further costs.
For this reason I would support not rendering benchmarks.

  I would be wary of the touristy type "survey marks".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Corner,_Queensland