[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - (Fire Hydrant Extensions)

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 10:47:50 UTC 2017

On 05-Oct-17 09:16 PM, Viking wrote:
> I really don't understand why so many people oppose this proposal [1] without ever having participated in the discussions that lasted for months.
> We did many efforts to reach this compromise that seems a good solution for firefighters' needs, and now people are opposing to it whithout  understanding the reasons why we chose this scheme.
> I am very saddened.
>
> Alberto
>
> [1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Fire_Hydrant_Extensions

Welcome to the problems of making a proposal get past the 'voting'. My experience leads me to the following observations;

Part of the problem is that there is a group who do not participate nor read the tagging group.

These people need each and every point raised on the tagging group fully and detailed explained why it is this way rather than their way, or the way it is not or some other way.

And they probably won't look at the discussion page either so it has to be detailed on the main page for them.

The someone will say they want to see what the proposal will look like as it would exist on the wiki, and they want the proposal page to look like that.