[Tagging] Fwd: How to map a bin with dog excrement bags dispenser

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 14:18:19 UTC 2017

> Hi,
>
> In Spain it is common to find litter bins that have attached a dog
> excrement bags dispenser. In Talk-es discussed how to map these bins [
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-es/2016-July/014171.html]
> and we did not reach a conclusion.
>
> There are 2 opinions:
> - 1 node with tags
> amenity = waste_basket
> vending = excrement_bags
> fee = no
>
> - 2 nodes
>> amenity = vending_machine
> vending = excrement_bags
> payment: none = yes
>
> 2º node (a few centimeters from the previous one):
>
> amenity = waste_basket
>
> What would be the most correct option?

As you ask for a "most" correct option, and as you write it is a dispenser,
"vending" doesn't seem the right term for this (nor does "machine").
Although it is documented, payment:none doesn't make sense any way in
combination with "vending".

This aside, I'd use 2 nodes (objects) and not combine several things into
one object, even if it is all attached to one pole.
You might consider using the node relation:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Node but to be
honest, I don't think it is evaluated by someone at this time.

Cheers,
Martin