[Tagging] Oil fields - how to tag?

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 10:10:35 UTC 2017

>Martin wrote: I’d use man_made for the wellsite, as it’s a „feature“

Since I sent that post I was leaning that way also, except now I'm not sure
the Alpine Central Facility is actually a wellsite after all. AFAIK, It is
an aggregator for many small pipelines and I believe it pressurizes and
heats the crude oil before sending it over to the northern terminus of the
Alaska Pipeline for transport south to Valdez. I will do some more research
to see if I can determine if there are any actual wells within the ACF.

however, that said, Taginfo clearly indicates that industrial=wellsite is
the much more used tag in these situations

industrial=wellsite  2072
man_made=wellsite  1
landuse=wellsite=  164

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com