[Tagging] Oil fields - how to tag?

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Mon Oct 16 12:05:21 UTC 2017

On Monday 16 October 2017, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> I think we don't map individual land ownership or land use rights
> because of privacy concerns [...]

No, we don't map land ownership because it is usually not verifiable
which is partly due to privacy concerns from side of the cadastral
legislations.  In Germany for example land ownership records are not
public, they may only be viewed by parties with a justified interest.

This is of no relevance here of course, landuse=industrial is simply
factually wrong because most of the land is not actually used for
industrial purposes.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/