[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Rivers Classification

José G Moya Y. josemoya at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 14:46:45 UTC 2017

What I try to say is that the original proposal tagged rivers according to
their relative importance in a country.

What's the criterium to know if a river is  "major"  inside a country? Is
it its occurrence in the school curriculum?

Iregua, which is a very small river (5 m width on its end) was in the
"Spanish river list" I had to learn in the school. I learned about Garonne
in highschool, when we reached the "European rivers" standard. But I only
knew it crossed Spain when, at the age of 30, I visited a remote village
and found a river named "Garona" that flew to France. (Here in Spain,
education is very chauvinistic: I passed all my degree in literature
without hearing a word about Shakespeare, Molière or Goethe. Latin-american
authors, despite of writing our same language, are being removed from the
curriculum).