[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Rivers Classification

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 21:55:07 UTC 2017

My present though is that this is trying to convey at what zoom levels
these features should appear.
These 'importance' tags are starting to appear for all different kinds
of things - aerodromes being one.

So why not introduce a property tag (like width, height, capacity,
pressure) such as 'prominence' that can be use for any feature?

And, yes, 'prominence' is subjective. If the scale has few values then
that will reduce edge cases and there will be few arguments over which
side a feature resides.

(Yes I can hear the 'tagging for the render' cry from here already.
However this looks to be usefull information that mappers want to tag.
So give them a way of doing it and let the mappers and renders chose to
use it or not.)