[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop subtags

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 13:51:28 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 3. Sep 2017, at 11:29, Thilo Haug <thaug at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> IMHO most shops will offer
> sales,rental,parts,repair,
> and different types of the items they sell.

where I live, almost no shop offers "repair", maybe they did 50-100 years ago. Still it's good to know

"rental" is not a typical service of shops, unless we deal with specialized stuff. Ever rent a piece of Salami from the butcher? Socks? Stationery? A flattening iron? Vehicles, some machinery, sports equipment and wedding dresses aside, the world of stuff to rent is quite small.

Also "parts" for most things are incredibly hard to get, ever tried to get a replacement for some broken plastic part of something? Usually your only options are making them yourself or order them for the same price than the whole thing (depends on the thing, obviously).

Anyway, it's good to have generic systematics, even if we don't need them most of the time, and especially the rare things are interesting to find. ;-)

I would avoid the word "sales", either create a property with the verb "sells" or use the singular "sale", or maybe "vending" which is already in use. You don't propose "rentals" or "repairs", so "sales" is odd. What about leasing and hire purchase?

cheers,
Martin