[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop subtags

Thilo Haug thaug at gmx.de
Sun Sep 3 17:09:27 UTC 2017

Yes, I think that shops in general are obsolete.
Plastic parts are made at home by 3d printer,
repair isn't done as Amazon doesn't offer it
and if I need a drill hammer it doesn't help to RENT it in the next
doityouself shop
when I didn't learn any craft anyway as everyone just got a PC job nowadays.
- sarcasm off -

Am 03.09.2017 um 15:51 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

> sent from a phone
>
> On 3. Sep 2017, at 11:29, Thilo Haug <thaug at gmx.de
> <mailto:thaug at gmx.de>> wrote:
>
>> IMHO most shops will offer
>> *sales,rental,parts,repair,*
>> and different *type*s of the items they sell.
>

> where I live, almost no shop offers "repair", maybe they did 50-100
> years ago. Still it's good to know
>
> "rental" is not a typical service of shops, unless we deal with
> specialized stuff. Ever rent a piece of Salami from the butcher?
> Socks? Stationery? A flattening iron? Vehicles, some machinery, sports
> equipment and wedding dresses aside, the world of stuff to rent is
> quite small.
>
> Also "parts" for most things are incredibly hard to get, ever tried to
> get a replacement for some broken plastic part of something? Usually
> your only options are making them yourself or order them for the same
> price than the whole thing (depends on the thing, obviously).
>
> Anyway, it's good to have generic systematics, even if we don't need
> them most of the time, and especially the rare things are interesting
> to find. ;-)
>
> I would avoid the word "sales", either create a property with the verb
> "sells" or use the singular "sale", or maybe "vending" which is
> already in use. You don't propose "rentals" or "repairs", so "sales"
> is odd. What about leasing and hire purchase?
>

> cheers,
> Martin

Thilo Haug
Bismarckstr.37