[Tagging] Emergency shelters

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 7 11:01:55 UTC 2017

Le 07. 09. 17 à 05:48, Nick Hocking a écrit :
> Do we have a tagging scheme for emergency shelters
> to be used in times of natural disasters?

why not, it could be consistent with the other emergency feature.

> emergency=shelter
> open=yes/no
except this one. what do you mean ?
for me a closed emergency is no more an emergency.
it is a bad idea to let them displayed on a map.
it is probably useful to add a prefix disused:

if you want to say that a shelter is sometimes open,
sometimes closed, it may be better to use the tag
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_hours
opening_hours=off mean the feature is in a working state
but closed. if somebody has the key, it can be open asap.

temporary shelters which will probably be suppressed after
the disaster would benefit from being taged with temporary=yes
to be able to select & delete if need after the disaster.
Otherwise it will be hard to differentiate between a permanent
shelter and a temporary shelter that has been forgotten.