[Tagging] Access by permit

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 12:25:16 UTC 2017

> >it depends what "permit" actually means:
>
> I don't see that as having any bearing on the present proposal. The tag
> means only that a permit is required to access the object.
>
> Whether such an instrument is difficult to get, must be paid for, must be
> adjudicated before some governing body, or whether one has to jump up and
> down 3 times, is IMHO irrelevant. Moreover, whether such a permit takes
> the physical form of a document, a sticker, or a plastic embossed card, is
> also irrelevant.
>
> It merely means something special must be done before access is granted.
> Subsidiary tags can flesh out the details of how it is obtained, whether
> there's a fee involved, etc.

Maybe defining better at which cases you are aiming, could raise support
for the permit tag. I agree that some cases of "permits" are better tagged
as "private" because it is essentially the same situation, while others are
not well described with "private", because you can easily get a permit and
use the way as if it hadn't a restriction. Is "do something special"
involving a lot of time and or money to obtain, or can only some people
with special requisites apply (e.g. tribal, religious or professional
exceptions)? It might all be called "permit", but the effective situation
is very different.

Cheers,
Martin