[Tagging] Swimming pool facilities

Selfish Seahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 07:25:52 UTC 2017

Hi

Yes, that's a pity. My main interest in introducing a new tag was to
make it possible to find nearby public swimming pool facilities with
an OSM based app like Maps.me or skobbler.com. At present, with
leisure=swimming_pool used for the water area only and many private
pools tagged with it (what I think makes no sense at all), the results
are completely useless. And because the public swimming pool
facilities are all tagged differently - which results from the fact
that there is no dedicated tag -, this problem can't be solved.

Cheers