[Tagging] Swimming pool facilities

José G Moya Y. josemoya at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 21:17:26 UTC 2017

Hi.
It seems this conversation ended without an approval.

That's a pity. I really can't understand the world divided in "sport
swimming facilities" and "water parks". In Spain, we understand a "sport
swimming facility" like that containing swimming pools that open 365 days,
and where you can't really for pure recreation. Their lanes are not
suggested paths, but forced ways.

On the other way, there are "water parks" full of fun water slides. But
these are huge, mostly private, run facilities (though I know of a public
one in Haro, La Rioja).

Apart from these, there are the (summer) public swimming pools, where you
can do swimming for sport (if you don't mind to find people crossing though
your lane), but are most used for fun.

And there are also the standard private swimming pools, placed inside a
leisure=garden access=private.

Anyway, I will accept the resulta an I will turn my home village swimming
pool facility into a leisure=sports_centre, since it does not contain
slides, and despite it contains a small pool for children that is not
available for sport swimming (unless you can turn around in 50 cm). Well, I
remember the sports & education representative for the province saying some
words at the opening, so maybe it was really funded from the sports budget
as a "sports facility".

The main use of the out-of-water space is sunbathing and drinking beer. May
I suggest new sport=sunbathing tag? ;-)

Oh, I can't wait the return of summer! Regards!