[Tagging] Swimming pool facilities

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 14:52:36 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 3:25 AM, Selfish Seahorse <selfishseahorse at gmail.com
> wrote:

> At present, with
> leisure=swimming_pool used for the water area only and many private
> pools tagged with it (what I think makes no sense at all), the results
> are completely useless. And because the public swimming pool
> facilities are all tagged differently - which results from the fact
> that there is no dedicated tag -, this problem can't be solved.

There's ample reason for mapping private swimming pools, so I
take issue with "makes no sense at all". How else are you going to
indicate to fire fighters that there is a swimming pool on the premises
(both as a hazard and as a source of water)?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with 'leisure=swimming_pool
access=private',
and I've surely tagged a few dozen of them.