[Tagging] Devices key

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 17:27:26 UTC 2017

> Le 28. 09. 17 à 17:02, Martin Koppenhoefer a écrit :
> > we have the tag "step_count", maybe a simple
> > "transformer_count" would be an alternative?
>
> What would be the advantage of creating a "X_count" tag for each object
> that needs it when a single tag devices is enough to do the same thing ?

from the wiki page I get the impression that the ":devices" is the same
thing as the "_count", just less meaningful on a semantic level and only
usable for "devices" (e.g. "steps" hardly can't be considered devices). The
intended meaning of "transformer:devices" is the same as
"transformer_count", no?

Cheers,
Martin

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:devices