[Tagging] Devices key

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 22:42:31 UTC 2017

> from the wiki page I get the impression that the ":devices" is the same
> thing as the "_count", just less meaningful on a semantic level and only
> usable for "devices" (e.g. "steps" hardly can't be considered devices). The
> intended meaning of "transformer:devices" is the same as
> "transformer_count", no?

The page example section is far from complete.

The issue with the only example provided is we can't know if devices=*
applies to pole or to transformer or to any other devices supported by the
pole (a bin for instance).
That's why I put transformer:devices=*
The issue occurs on any supported device vs supporting one.

But in general, when there are only features without any pole/wall/whatever
support, devices=* is better than any xxxxx_count=*

Everything would be good only if a solution for supported devices rise up

François