[Tagging] highway=stop and highway=give_way to traffic_sign=stop and traffic_sign=give_way

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 08:32:30 UTC 2018

Your logic is correct.
But in OSM it is common practice that several tagging schemes for the same
situation coexist. This is one of them We have 400000 highway=stop and 4000
traffic_sign=stop.
I would leave it as is, at most adding in the wiki that there are two
dfferent approaches. It seems that the "minority" approach, i.e. "
traffic_sign=stop", is not described a present.

Volker

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>