[Tagging] Small gate only for foot access

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Fri Apr 20 12:03:44 UTC 2018

Just because it’s not as often used in this way doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

It would be in line with the usage I’ve seen in the access:lanes tag, e.g. access:lanes=yes|yes|bus or access:lanes=bicycle|yes|hsv

I’m not questioning that:

access=no

foot=yes

is correct to allow access for foot traffic only.

It’s just that from the usage that I’ve seen, access=foot should have the same meaning.

Obviously, the moment you want to define access for more than a single branch of the access tree, or you want to be able to specify an access level that’s different than yes, you will need to use the individual tags.