[Tagging] tagging cycleable city-models focused on simulating road network

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 09:13:07 UTC 2018

The Dutch word is 'verkeerspark' (=traffic park).

Some call them 'verkeerstuin'(traffic garden'), but I think that's just for
promotion, it sounds more child-friendly in Dutch.

There are variants for categories from toddlers to professional
truckdrivers. I would use amenity=traffic_park and if needed another key
for specification of type.

> I have struggled with this here in Italy.
> Maybe we should try to promote amenity=traffic_park - see [1] - eve though
> it only has three hits in taginfo so far.
>
> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_park
>

> On 23 April 2018 at 09:12, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 22:47:34 +0100
>> Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > It's almost as though the people who came up with those names were
>> > given the instruction "Think of a name
>> > that is completely unobvious for this thing and that nobody who saw
>> > the name would realize what it actually
>> > is."
>>
>> Direct translation from Polish
>> ("miasteczko rowerowe" -> "bicycle town") is not good enough to justify
>> neologism as a tag value.

Vr gr Peter Elderson