[Tagging] RFC - Key: spacing=*

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:08:37 UTC 2018

> I’m currently using maxwidth=* which for barrier=bollard is documented as
> specifying the maximum width that fits past the bollard (which in case of a
> row of bollards is basically the distance between them, but ignoring the
> thickness of the bollard itself).

as maxwidth is about a legal limit, I suggest you use maxwidth:physical (in
use), or even "physical_maxwidth" which is semantically cleaner (because if
the maximum width is not a legal restriction, why would the tag to describe
it be a subtag of a tag for legal restrictions (maxwidth)).

Cheers,
Martin