[Tagging] building:flats

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 09:33:56 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 5. Aug 2018, at 11:22, Andrew Harvey <andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Terminology does seem to vary around the world with apartment, flat, unit all being interchangeable,

maybe flat and apartment are interchangeable (could you call a 2-level apartment a “flat”?) but unit is definitely more generic and while it contains apartment and flat, it can also mean different things (e.g. a detached home / chalet).

> I wouldn't recommend building:flats=1 on a house, according to the wiki house is already "A single dwelling unit usually inhabited by one family."

so it would not harm, it would just be redundant (I also would not recommend to add it)

Cheers,
Martin