[Tagging] Flood mark or high water mark

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 10:23:40 UTC 2018

Flood marks and high water marks are not necessarily the same thing.
Read
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_water_mark
to get the gist.
There are ordinary high water marks (and I suppose also the opposite,
ordinary low water marks) which are based on the regular tides in the area.
A flood mark would be a marker for the water level reached in certain,
particular events.
I am not sure about terminology in different jurisdictions, but the concept
seems to be clear to me that there are two different things we want to tag.