[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Evacuation Route

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 15:27:43 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 6. Aug 2018, at 06:30, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And it might be better to place it directly in the emergency key?
> Say emergency=evacuation_route??? Humm emergency says it is not for relations. Arr well.

I think there shouldn’t be “relations” at all as category for objects to which a tag can apply. Nodes, ways (linear), areas (ways) would seem sufficient for that. Relations can be set to unknown for everything ;-)

The relation category is misleading anyway because it doesn’t include multipolygon relations, and nobody knows what kind of relation will be invented or is already used that creates all kind of geometric thing where a tag could apply to or not.

Cheers,
Martin