[Tagging] Part/whole confusion with Wikidata tag, and the need for enveloping parts into a whole

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 16:44:14 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 8. Aug 2018, at 02:22, Yuri Astrakhan <yuriastrakhan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If we duplicated everything, than each part of a railroad station should have duplicate web site URL, hours of operation, operator name, and tons of other info.

I don’t know what situation you are referring to, and how it is currently mapped, but if there are different parts mapped, there will usually be a reason for it, and different websites, operation hours (never mapped these myself), operators and other info might be the reason for splitting it. Maybe the parts of the station shouldn’t be mapped as if they were stations on their own, but as parts of a station?
Usually tags go on the object they apply to, tags for a station go on the station, tags for a part of a station go on the part, etc.

Cheers,
Martin