[Tagging] RFC - landcover clearing

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 22:27:29 UTC 2018

There are some who would then say that a 'clearing' that is made by man
should not be in the key 'natural' but in the key 'man_made'.

A 'clearing' may not have ever had the surrounding vegetation - an area
of rock for example.

The 'clearing' is about a change in the land cover, not about an
absence, an absence would be 'space' - a vacuum ...there will be
something there, but arm chair mappers may not be able to identify
either the surrounding vegetation nor the areas vegetation.