[Tagging] RFC - landcover clearing

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 23:42:05 UTC 2018

On 09/08/18 08:47, marc marc wrote:
> +1
> the current proposal of the page seems to me to be a good promise to
> improve the current situation while remaining realistic with the fact
> that some mapper do not always have all the information or all the
> knowledge to make the perfect solution.
> in this sense the page is well enough to push good practices forward
> while giving a scheme for imperfect v1 but allowing to have useful
> information for future improvement (I can easily imagine a
> StreetComplete quest that would ask a local contributor what
> exactly the hole in the forest consists of)
>
> the page only need to be moved to /Proposed_features/ :)

Opps!! Thanks. I have copied it... and placed warning on the top of the original page with a link.

New copied page is at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/landcover%3Dclearing

I am yet to contact the original HOT task for the area that I have covered as trees (with holes).
{Too many things to do ! :)}

It looks now to be visible https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/528264806#map=13/8.4987/-83.4343
Zooming out and the 'clearings' disappear but you can then see the extent of the trees - at least as far as I have gone.
Zoom in and you can see more detail of the 'clearings'.