[Tagging] addr:street=* combined with place=square, name=*

Toggenburger Lukas Lukas.Toggenburger at htwchur.ch
Mon Aug 13 19:04:44 UTC 2018

Hi

I'm the main author of the address view of Geofabrik's OSM inspector: http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=addresses , a QA tool for OSM, whose sourcecode you can find at https://github.com/ltog/osmi-addresses/

Some time ago I received the following issue and subsequent pull request:

- https://github.com/ltog/osmi-addresses/issues/111
- https://github.com/ltog/osmi-addresses/pull/115

The submitter johsin18 proposes the following:

Given a (node|way) with addr:street=theName and a (node|way) with place=square, name=theName, the first object should logically be tied to the second. Correspondingly, osmi-addresses should recognize this and not display it as an error as it is currently the case, e.g. at: http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=addresses&lon=7.59448&lat=47.54290&zoom=18&overlays=buildings,buildings_with_addresses,postal_code,entrances_deprecated,entrances,no_addr_street,street_not_found,place_not_found,misformatted_housenumber,nodes_with_addresses_defined,nodes_with_addresses_interpolated,interpolation,interpolation_errors,connection_lines,nearest_points,nearest_roads,nearest_areas,addrx_on_nonclosed_way

osmi-addresses currently expects either
addr:street=* used in combination with highway=*, name=*
or
addr:place=* used in combination with place=*, name=*

Both myself and the current maintainer of osmi-addresses (=Nakaner) are unsure if this proposed change would be appreciated by the larger public or not. We are therefore seeking your opinion.

Best regards

Lukas