[Tagging] addr:street=* combined with place=square, name=*

SelfishSeahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 20:57:03 UTC 2018

Hi

I'd rather use addr:place="Square Name" in that case. In don't agree
that addr:place is 'intended for larger objects like "villages,
islands, territorial zones"'. I also use addr:place e.g. for
settlements (place=neighbourhood) or hamlets, if there is no street
with the addresses' name (example: [^1]).

[^1]: <http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=addresses&lon=7.59448&lat=47.54290&zoom=18&overlays=buildings,buildings_with_addresses,postal_code,entrances_deprecated,entrances,no_addr_street,street_not_found,place_not_found,misformatted_housenumber,nodes_with_addresses_defined,nodes_with_addresses_interpolated,interpolation,interpolation_errors,connection_lines,nearest_points,nearest_roads,nearest_areas,addrx_on_nonclosed_way>

Regards
Markus