[Tagging] nobrand

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 08:27:56 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 24. Aug 2018, at 09:57, Cascafico Giovanni <cascafico at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> IMHO all records tagged brand="Pompe Bianche" don't have well-known name nor well-known operator.

well known by whom? If there is a sign I would think it is sufficient, and I still have to find a petrol station without a sign

> Maybe I misunderstand fuzzy terms like "well-known", but I don't think "MG Gas S.R.L." is part of this category

seems to be an operator

> About assigning description="Pompe Bianche", we'll face conflicts with pre-existant description tags. So I would only assign nobrand=yes.

I would not assign nobrand=yes if there is something that looks like a brand, although it seems the least damaging compared to brand=pompe bianche and similar.

What is the definition for “pompa bianca” if this is not something that the operator states himself? All brands operating fewer than x gas stations? What is x? How can we verify it? Or is it all brands that don’t appear in this agreed upon list of petrol brands? Do you have the list?

Cheers,
Martin