[Tagging] ATMs and cashback

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Fri Aug 24 18:11:11 UTC 2018

On 08/24/2018 05:35 AM, seirra wrote:
> Is there a way to put what currency denomination they output? for
> example: whilst every cash machine here should theoretically output
> £20/£10 notes, there are a growing number that output £5 notes
I'm not sure this is something we should try to keep up to date in the
OSM database proper. Maybe as an overlay on top of OSM data, but not in
OSM's own database.

Over here in the US every ATM I have ever used in the last 10 years or
so only dispenses $20 bills. For a while (at least) Capital One had some
machines with $20 and $10 bills but this appears to have been phased
out. Very early in the ATM era (late 1980s/early 1990s) at least one
bank had machines with $20, $10, and $5 bills, but I haven't seen this
since.

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com