[Tagging] horse mounting/dismounting steps

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 11:52:53 UTC 2018

> I was almost persuaded by "leisure."   Mostly they will be used for
> leisure and we can live with the few cases where
> they are professional accessories.  And then I remembered that we have
> amenity=bicycle_parking and not
> leisure=bicycle_parking.  Both bicycle parking and mounting blocks seem to
> me to be accessories to the leisure
> activity of riding and not intrinsic to the activity (unless you get
> particular pleasure from parking your bike).

I would not equate horse riding with cycling. A lot of people are using
bicycles as a means of transport, for horse riding it was stated above by
Philip that it has lost this function a long time ago (and I agree for the
european context). There is no infrastructure any more for horses in the
cities. There are no stables or spots where you may lock them, you won't
get food easily and hardly find spots where to let them water, etc. It
simply isn't practical any more to use horses for transport. I would use
amenity= for horse parkings, e.g.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3591/3609176621_a7ef6a55e5.jpg

Cheers,
Martin