[Tagging] horse mounting/dismounting steps

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 11:36:09 UTC 2018

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 12:05 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <
dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> +1, if they are only or mostly of historic value, I agree. If there are
> still new installations of these, I would use another tag. Other than
> "amenity" and "man_made", also "leisure" could be a candidate (because as
> you write, horses nowadays are only a leisure activity, or, in some
> occasions, a serious sport).

I was almost persuaded by "leisure."   Mostly they will be used for leisure
and we can live with the few cases where
they are professional accessories.  And then I remembered that we have
amenity=bicycle_parking and not
leisure=bicycle_parking.  Both bicycle parking and mounting blocks seem to
me to be accessories to the leisure
activity of riding and not intrinsic to the activity (unless you get
particular pleasure from parking your bike).

--
Paul