[Tagging] horse mounting/dismounting steps

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Tue Aug 28 13:53:57 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-08-28 at 14:25 +0100, John Sturdy wrote:
> Or, like bus stops, perhaps they could come under "highway", as
> they're a starting / ending point for a journey which is typically
> along a highway (such as a bridleway).

They are not beside bridleways, they are typically part of the front
structure of buildings of an age that means they are automatically
grade II listed buildings. Standalone ones are also of an age that they
will be protected. They are invariably within conservation areas.
I would maintain they are historic features of interest and not a part
of modern horse riding.
Phil (trigpoint)