[Tagging] horse mounting/dismounting steps

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 14:19:25 UTC 2018

On 28/08/18 23:53, Philip Barnes wrote:
> On Tue, 2018-08-28 at 14:25 +0100, John Sturdy wrote:
>> Or, like bus stops, perhaps they could come under "highway", as
>> they're a starting / ending point for a journey which is typically
>> along a highway (such as a bridleway).
>
> They are not beside bridleways, they are typically part of the front
> structure of buildings of an age that means they are automatically
> grade II listed buildings. Standalone ones are also of an age that
> they will be protected. They are invariably within conservation areas.
>
> I would maintain they are historic features of interest and not a part
> of modern horse riding.

How about a nice historic blue plastic one from Smiths Animal health in
Derbyshire? Only £88.95 ... new.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stubbs-Three-Tread-Horse-Mounting/dp/B07CQ2W5TB/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1535465632&sr=8-1&keywords=Stubbs-Three-Tread-Horse-Mounting

Of course it is also available in pink or red. I am surprised it is not
available in historic British Racing Green.

> Phil (trigpoint)
>

>> On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 12:54 PM Martin Koppenhoefer
>> <dieterdreist at gmail.com <mailto:dieterdreist at gmail.com>> wrote:

>>> I would not equate horse riding with cycling. A lot of people are
>>> using bicycles as a means of transport, for horse riding it was
>>> stated above by Philip that it has lost this function a long time
>>> ago (and I agree for the european context). There is no
>>> infrastructure any more for horses in the cities. There are no
>>> stables or spots where you may lock them, you won't get food easily
>>> and hardly find spots where to let them water, etc. It simply isn't
>>> practical any more to use horses for transport. I would use amenity=
>>> for horse parkings, e.g.
>>> https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3591/3609176621_a7ef6a55e5.jpg
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Martin