[Tagging] Tagging suggestions for electricity

Dolly Andriatsiferana privatemajory at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 04:46:24 UTC 2018

Hi,

I was searching for a tag to indicate if a building has electricity or not,
and if possible to specify the electricity source. I've found no documented
tag, but a search on taginfo [1] led me to the key electricity=*. Currently
it's being used mostly with values solar/none/generator/yes/always.

On OSM Help [2] someone proposed the following tagging which seems better
in my opinion too:

   - electricity=yes/no/intermittent - to indicate the presence of
   electricity
   - electricity:source=solar/generator/distribution_company/windmill... -
   to specify the electricity source
   - electricity:voltage=* - the electricity voltage
   - other details using namespaces...

What do you think? Has someone here used the electricity=* tag before?
Afterwards we might be able to start documenting the tag on the wiki.

Cheers,
Dolly

[1] https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/electricity
[2]