[Tagging] Tagging suggestions for electricity

Lionel Giard lionel.giard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 10:39:53 UTC 2018

I'm also thinking that power_supply is different, as it give only
information of the type of power plug available in a location ! Implicitly
it would probably mean there is electricity there but for private houses,
we can't know that information without entering houses, and it doesn't say
if they have electricity from the grid or something else. And i don't think
the original idea is to get that much details (power_supply is a really
specific tag).

The proposed electricity tag is more general, and more useful to the idea
of knowing if there is electricity or not at some buildings, which can be
known from outside the building (like if there are power cable coming from
the grid or just asking people a simple question "do you have electricity
?" without needing to visit the house). That's useful information for
research and humanitarian uses (especially in developing countries).