[Tagging] why do we discourage leisure=skatepark/skate_park?

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Thu Aug 30 20:19:48 UTC 2018

On 30.08.2018 21:10, Paul Allen wrote:
> I'd expect a pitch to be flat.  I'd expect a skateboard park to not be flat.

Well that's the old issue of trying to fit a tag semantically to equal natural language, which is
not necessary.

In OSM a pitch can be a field where a particular sport is performed. Multiple pitches form a
sports_centre.

If I am not interested what particular sport is performed there, it is enough to evaluate the pitch
and the sports_centre tagging, and I know it is not a quarry. Keep things slightly structured.

tom