[Tagging] why do we discourage leisure=skatepark/skate_park?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 21:18:39 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 30. Aug 2018, at 22:04, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> An alternative might be leisure=sports_centre, sport=skateboard ?

I would use this for a skating facility which is kind of a sports centre, maybe skate centre would be an appropriate language term.
A place that has an operator, staff, (might have opening hours, require a fee, etc.) e.g. http://www.worldskatecenter.com/park/

As opposed, a skatepark I have tagged consists of some obstacles and areas intentionally set up for skateboarding, as a public park under a bridge, accessible 24/7 and with no staff, cafe or whatsoever.

cheers,
Martin