[Tagging] Tagging suggestions for electricity

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 10:43:03 UTC 2018

>     I'm asking myself, how is all the (quite specific) data verifiable
>     on the ground?
>

> it is certainly verifiable, if you insist on the "ground", you might
> ask people. Otherwise you might find documents about this.

Some things are common trade knowledge.

As well as the grounding system there is the connection system - the UK
uses a 'ring mains' system where the connection from the fuse box goes
to each outlet in turn and returns back to the fuse box. If the supply
wire were to break then all outlets would still have power.
Australia uses a simple 'star' system one wire goes out to each outlet
in turn .. but does not return. If the supply wire were to break then
the following outlets would not have power.

These kind of thing are of technical interest .. but I don't see then as
having a place in OSM.
As for being verifiable .. yes, by those in the trade which is only a
small part of the community.
Documents usually have some kind of copyright so I'd stay away from them.