[Tagging] Tagging suggestions for electricity

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 12:19:46 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 11:47 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

Earthing systems are usually mandated and common to some bureaucratic
> boundaries.

Perhaps that is the case where you are, but here in the UK it's a matter of
what the power distribution
company provides.  In a largely rural district with small towns/villages
and many farms, it is possible to
find TN-C-S, TN-C, TN-S and TT in the same county.  Possibly IT too, in
mines.  All are legal according to
BS 7671 (aka IET Wiring Regulations), although it does specify special
circumstances in which some
of them are not permitted (petrol stations, static caravans, mines, etc.)

So that's five different types in one country (the UK), most of them will
be found within a single county
and I'd guess you can find three of them in my town.

--
Paul