[Tagging] why do we discourage leisure=skatepark/skate_park?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 14:48:23 UTC 2018

> Yes. Remove the discouragements even though I prefer the underscored
> version. American English doesn't use combined terms like baseballfield, or
> hockeyrink, to describe these sorts of pitches (nor do we use the term
> pitch for that matter). Instead, we use "baseball field" or "hockey rink"
> which is why I prefer skate_park.

yeah, I know you don't do baseballfieldlinecolor, but there are for example
runway, caretaker or Christmas ;-)

Looking at Google trends, from all US states there is only a majority for
"skate park" in Alabama ;-)
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&q=%22skatepark%22,%22skate%20park%22

I don't care much, the underscores are a tiny bit more tedious to type on
mobile though.

Cheers,
Martin