[Tagging] Can OSM become a geospacial database?

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Wed Dec 5 20:08:13 UTC 2018

About the "/École primaire des Quatre Fils/, the proper name would be the officialy registered one (/or at least that's how it works in Europe/), and I'm ready to bet whatever you want that it is not "/de Quatre Fils/".

About the "/Lac des Quatre-Cantons/" [1 <https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac_des_Quatre-Cantons>], no, you cannot ask "/ou sont les //Quatre-Cantons?" /(/Where are the four Cantons?): /that would mean/"Where are the 4 administratvie divisions called Cantons" /as/"a canton"/ [2 <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canton_(country_subdivision)>]//is firstly and formost an administrtive division (/and not only in Switzerland/): the lake itself has sevral names, depending on the language, and "/Lac des Quatre-Cantons/" is the proper name in French.

Trying to make the whole world reality simpler than it is and constrain it into a schema sometimes (/very often, probably/) doesn't work...

Cheers,

Sergio

[1] https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac_des_Quatre-Cantons
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canton_(country_subdivision)