[Tagging] Salumeria(it) / charcuterie(fr) / Wurstwaren (de) WAS Re: Can OSM become a geospacial database?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 08:44:35 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 5. Dec 2018, at 22:08, Sergio Manzi <smz at smz.it> wrote:
>
> P.S.: ... but if I want my salumeria to show up on the map, I have to "lie for the rendering" and tag it as a shop=deli: but'I'm not happy at all...

no you don’t have to, it will rather be counterproductive, because if everybody does like this they will never reach the limit that the rendering team will consider rendering them.

A dictionary lookup suggests “cold_cut”, are there any native speakers who know what a salumeria is and if that term could work/apply ?

Cheers, Martin