[Tagging] Can OSM become a geospacial database?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 01:24:18 UTC 2018

thank you for the references to the specific standards. I’m going to look more into it. Problem is if these are hundreds of pages most people will not look the tags up ;-)

sent from a phone

On 7. Dec 2018, at 05:30, Michael Patrick <geodesy99 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> FWIW, with regard to dictionaries, in the case of the misleading roofer description, it was copied exactly from the English wikipedia article on roofers, which is in itself not consistent there (mixes carpentry and roofing in the article).
>

> My text was not copied from Wikipedia -  I only work from original authoritative source documents, in this case the U.S. Department of Labor,

yes, I was referring to the OSM wiki, concerning the problems on the roofer page mentioned before in this thread, the wiki authors had copied from wikipedia. Sorry if this wasn’t clear.

Cheers, Martin