[Tagging] Kosovo/Serbia Example - Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - Mapping disputed boundaries (Version 1.3)

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Sat Dec 8 18:04:47 UTC 2018

On 08.12.18 14:54, Johnparis wrote:
> Briefly, without seeing at least one example for the other proposal, I
> don't think it's reasonable to assume it will be easier to implement. It
> is essentially an extension of my proposal (views of third parties on
> claims), but without the modularity introduced by the zones of control.

Hi all, I've uploaded an example of my proposal mapping Kosovo/Serbia. I
hope I've got it right and understood the geo-politics (feel free to
correct me): Kosovo seceded from Serbia, but Serbia (and others) doesn't
recognize that.

In this case, there is only one new relation needed:  (
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/9088937 ). I added some
"according_to:XX" tags to the existing Serbia (
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1741311 ) and Kosovo (
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2088990 ) relations.

I have half working code for working with this scheme, which I will
release shortly.