[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Railway tracks on highway

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 12 08:46:13 UTC 2018

On 2018-12-12 08:51, Markus wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 at 11:49, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Check out Sydney, where they are using APS for some urban parts of a light rail system:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBD_and_South_East_Light_Rail
>
> Never say never... Even if it is uncommon, our tagging should be flexible enough to handle it, do you agree?
> Thanks for the interesting link. I agree and try to be more precise in
> the future. :-)

Actually in this case I would say it would be a question of being less
precise and not specifying things which don't need to be specified, or
in other words keeping dimensions which are not intrinsically connected
out of each other's way. Type of power supply (overhead, 3rd rail etc)
has no connection to the class of the system (tram, light rail, metro,
heavy rail etc) - all combinations are possible, even if some
combinations are more popular than others. One does not imply the other.

Colin